Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook, is among those few women who took on the highly male-dominated industry, the tech space. She has since become the torch bearer to encourage more women to enter it. She sees the world through a feministic lens and she is highly vocal about that. Her name is attached with two of the world’s most powerful companies in the digital industry, Google and Facebook. She has been inspiring women all over the world since she started her study of economics in Harvard where she learnt how inequality amongst men and women is the root cause of why women experience less exposure. Here are five powerful quotes by Sheryl Sandberg, who became the first woman board member of Facebook that will elevate you as a woman-
- Don’t hold yourself back – According to Sandberg, we shouldn’t restrict ourselves from trying new things or initiating anything, we should always give it a try and believe in it because if we don’t then many of our dreams- those dreams which could have become revolutions and change lives.
- Break out of prejudices- This one speaks out majorly to all those women who fear the world outside their home and so remain apprehensive of coming out and shaping their own personality. This happens mostly because of the various assumptions related to working women and also the prejudices against it. Sandberg says break free!
- Adapt to change- In another one of her inspiring quotes, Sandberg hints at adapting to change. She intends that the only way one can evolve and be more efficient is by adapting to change. Since the changes are inevitable, if we become static then it will be difficult to make sense of the changes happening every second around us.
- Improve your perception- The COO of Facebook is a staunch feminist and that shows from many of her quotes. Here in this quote, she uplifts every little girl or a woman, who takes charge, to be called a leader rather than brushed off by calling her bossy. It is all about changing our perspective towards women and leading them towards a positive change.
- Exposure of Women- She believes that if more and more women enter the different industries like the IT sector and the Silicon Valley which are repulsively male dominated, then it will be helpful in expanding our horizon and changing the power structure.
Picture credit- Women2