When we think about Diana Prince, warrior princess of the Amazon aka our favorite Wonder Women we imagine a muscular, strong and tall super-heroine. When Israeli actress and model Gal Gadot, who has previously starred in The Fast and Furious series was chosen to play the new age Wonder Woman in the film Batman V/S Superman, the comic community of the world had a divided opinion as to whether Gal Gadot is the right choice or not. However, even as the trailer of the film Wonder Woman was released earlier this year, the director Patty Jenkins had to defend her film against some harsh criticism from an open letter sent to Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara, according to The Hollywood Reporter, which claimed the film is a “mess.” Some of course are simply debating if Gadot is way too skinny and lacks the upper body muscular strength to play the role.
We thought we should tell you a few facts about the actress in the middle of the storm:
- Gal Gadot is Jewish by Birth and was brought up in a conservative Jewish Isreali Family with no ties and links to Hollywood. She is the first non-American to play Wonder Woman in Hollywood for DC Comics.
- From the age of 20 she trained under the military in Israel and even served for 2 years as a sports trainer in the Israeli Defense Forces.
- She Won the title of Miss Israel in 2004 at 18 years of age and consequently participated in the Miss Universe pageant.
- To the great disappoint of many of her fans she married real estate developer Yaron Varsano in 2008 and is a proud mother of a 5 year old daughter born in 2011.
- Gadot played Wonder Woman in the movie Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016), and was signed for two future sequels, which include the Justice League apart from the solo Wonder Woman film.It was the hard work and dedication of Gadot which led her into training in swordsmanship, Kung Fu kickboxing, capoeira and Brazilian jiu-jitsu training in preparation for the role.
- This super-heroine is an avid biker. She’s been very open about her love for motorcycles in the past. She owns a black 2006 Ducati Monster and rides it often and if sources close to her are to be believed Gadot herself rides the bikes while playing her character in the Fast and Furious Movies.
- At 29 years she had led international campaigns for Captain Morgan rum, Gucci fragrances and Vine Vera skincare ranges, and advertised Jaguar Cars and she earns close to 2.4 million just through brand endorsements.
Feature Image Credit: thewrap.com