Taylor Swift slammed Kanye West at the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles. Ohh it was a slap in his face when Taylor accepted the award for her album 1989 (Album of the Year) and indirectly crashed at Kanye, who took credit for her success just the other day. Last week, during a live event held to promote Kanye’s fashion line and his new album The Life of Pablo, he dropped the lyrics to his song “Famous,” which imply that Swift got famous because of him, in the aftermath of their 2009 MTV VMA clash. Taylor was ready to give it back and, she got a chance.
Her speech goes like this: “And as the first woman to win Album of the Year at the Grammys twice, I want to say to the young woman out there, there are going to be people along the way who try to undercut your success or take credit for your accomplishments or your fame. But if you just focus on the work and you don’t let those people sidetrack you, someday when you get where you’re going, you will look around and you will know it was you and the people who love you who put you there, and that will be the greatest feeling in the world.”
Taylor is the only female in history to win album of the year twice! Here are 7 powerful things to infer from her speech at Grammys.
- The speech was a hint to all feminists out there. Nobody will recognize your work or willingly praise you, unless you respect yourself first. And then the world will.
- Especially when others take credits for your hardwork, punch them down but not in their coward way.
- It was a clear message that how much ever anyone try to hurt you down or break your confidence, believe in yourself and in people who love you the most in the world.
- There will be people on the way who get to be jealous of you fame and dream. What matters that you don’t get distracted from what you want in life.
- Focusing on your work, minding your own business and not bitching about others’ success will take you to the top.
- No matter what happens at the end of the day, your loved ones will always be there with you throughout ups and downs.
- And, the credit of your success moments goes to you, only you. No one can steal that from you.