Kumbakonam-based City Union Bank on Thursday introduced the first artificial intelligence powered robot — India’s first banking robot ‘Lakshmi’ in Chennai.
Here’s what you need to know about her:
- She is interactive and superfast.
- CUB Lakshmi is the first on-site bank helper in the country.
- She has been specially imported from France.
- Lakshmi’s design took more than six months. She can answer intelligently on more than 125 subjects.
- She is a multitasker and soon to be integrated to automation process.
- Apart from answering generic questions, she is also programmed to connect to the core banking solution.
- She will only display your financial information discreetly on the robot’s screen, will not announce it.
- Lakshmi currently speaks only in English, but engages in a very life-like manner in conversations.
- In the next few months, City Union Bank will enhance her programming and develop it to greet customers in Tamil.
- Lakshmi is scheduled to go public only on Monday. So if next time you plan to visit City Union Bank’s T. Nagar branch, there’s a chance that you’ll get to meet Lakshmi.
Feature Image Credit: B3infoarena
Join Us on https://www.facebook.com/SheThePeoplePage
Follow Us on https://twitter.com/SheThePeopleTV