- PV Sindhu beats Nozomi Okuhara 21-19, 21-10 to assure India a spot in the finals and therefore a Silver medal.
- The ace Indian shuttler made India proud by winning a bronze medal in women’s singles at 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
- Born on 5th July 1995 in Hyderabad to P. V. Ramana and P. Vijaya, both her parents were professional Volleyball players.
- Sindhu calls Pullela Gopichand, the former Indian badminton star, as her role model. She travelled over 50 kilometers everyday to train under him in Hyderabad. Sindhu looked up to Gopichand’s success in 2001 All England Open Badminton Championship and drew inspiration to join the same field.
- Sindhu started playing at the age of 8.
- Debutant to the Olympics, P.V. Sindhu is the second women’s singles player to qualify from India for the Olympics at #Rio2016
Join Us on https://www.facebook.com/SheThePeoplePage
Follow Us on https://twitter.com/SheThePeopleTV