Apple’s Worldwide Developer’s Conference (WWDC) for 2017 keynote updates was presented by top executives Craig Federighi, Phil Schiller and Tim Cook. They took to the stage to announce updates on iPhone, MacBook, Apple TV and other software and hardware.
With the launch of new iOS 11, Apple has upgraded the experience of its apps and this will give the developers better tools to design apps. It gives better access to iOS parts like Apple music which can make third-party apps powerful.
Some highlights of the keynote:
1) Apple announced HomePod speakers which will take on Amazon Echo and Sonos which are home entertainment speakers in the same segment. HomePod has a musicologist feature which works in synchronisation with the Apple music to stream in the music played by the inbuilt Siri. It will be available in two colours white and black.
2) An updated iMac Pro Desktop with improved retina display, graphic boosts and USBC. The new iMac features a 5K display, improved cooling capacity and 8-core Xeon processor (upgradeable up to 18-core,) 4TB of SSD, 128GB of ECC memory, four Thunderbolt 3 ports, and built-in 10GB Ethernet.
3) The new version of iOS software comes with varied features like payments made to your contacts through iMessage. The photo capture feature has also improved with edit live photo options. A new safety feature has been introduced to prevent distraction while driving, it recognises when a user is driving and the Do Not Disturb option automatically turns on.
4) IOS 11 improves multitasking on iPad. A simple touch to remove or drag the folders, photos or files, to drop in different apps. Handwritten notes using Apple pencils can now be searched with the help of notes app.
5) A new ARKit to let developers build augmented reality apps. The new kit will help to track locations, find planes, etc. Popular apps like Pokémon Go will also use ARKit for improved real-time renders.
6) A 10.5 inch model of iPad Pro was introduced with a 12-megapixel camera and 7MP front camera. This will be 20% larger from the existing edition.
Pic Credit: DNA India