The Managing Director of IMF(International Monetary Fund), Christine Lagarde is known for speaking her mind. She played an instrumental role in solving the global economic crisis, and ever since her appointment to the IMF, has been delivering on the promised modernization of banks, especially along with the third world economies. She swears by the potential of inclusive growth and Asia’s capacity to leap forward with it.
She grew up in the fashion capital of France to a family of academicians, which is perhaps why she is this power woman with a natural bend for style that inspires and intimidates at the same time. Superficials apart, she is a sharp woman who runs the monetary fund for 188 out of 196 countries globally.
Here are the most amazing facts about this supremely inspirational woman:
- She started her career as a lawyer and went on to become the first female chairperson of one of the top international law firms- Baker and Mckinzie;
- She is currently the 6th most powerful woman globally;
- Apart from having it all, she is also a leader in cutting edge fashion and style. Even if you didn’t know who she was, her personality wrapped in her classic taste for style would surely make her presence palpable to you;
- Christine Lagarde is also a single mom with 2 children living in Washington DC. Her life is a true example of how with the power of knowledge, one can live on his/ her own terms without having to conform to what is presented as real;
- Prior to her position at the IMF, she was the Finance Minister of France; the first woman ever to become in-charge of the economic policy in France.
- First ever female Managing Director of the IMF in a 60 year history of 11 directors!
- She and German Chancellor Angela Merkel form the most powerful nexus of the sisterhood in the EU, holding the most powerful portfolios, shedding some hope on humankind;