The founder, investor and philanthropist, Richard Branson is a favorite of many for a reason. He falls, he rises, he loses and he wins – and that’s life? At the age of 16, he dropped high school and started his first business, a magazine called ‘Student’. Six years later, he opened up a recording studio, and served company its first hit song – a track called “Tubular Bells” which stayed on top of British charts for 247 weeks. The 66-year old entrepreneur through the Virgin group manages a myriad conglomerate.
How did he do it? What’s his driving force? Here’s what he says.
- “A Business is simply an idea to make other people’s lives better.”
- The billionaire never measures happiness from his bank balance, rather believes that “It’s a common misconception that money is every entrepreneur’s metric for success. It’s not and nor it should be.”
- Value this advice and your life may turn around, “The best advice I could give anyone is to spend your time working on whatever you are passionate for.”
- Never say No to an Opportunity, “Id somebody offers you an amazing opportunity, but you are not sure you can do it, say yes – Then learn to do it later.
- Pull the chains of your brain, “A business has to be involving, it has to be fun and it has to exercise your creative instincts.”
- Remember always!, “Engage your emotions at work. Your instincts and emotions are there to help you.”
- Enjoy what you do!, “My general attitude to life is to enjoy every minute of every day. I never do anything with a feeling of, ‘Oh! God, I have got to do this today!’.”
- Note this for lifetime, “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing and by falling over.”
- Indeed, “The brands that will thrive in the coming years are the ones that have a purpose beyond profit”
- Be out there to experiment and how. “You have to hit the ground running and if you have a good team around you, and more than a fair share of luck, you might make something happen. But you certainly cannot guarantee it just by following someone else’s formula.”
Join Us on https://www.facebook.com/SheThePeoplePage
Follow Us on https://twitter.com/SheThePeopleTV