Richtopia’s list of the world’s most influential women is generated through an automatic algorithm based on social media influence, (Twitter, Facebook, Wikipedia, Youtube, LinkedIn and Instagram) klout scores and their “secret recipe”. It is a free digital platform focusing on varied topics such as technology, marketing, people and the economy. Richtopia garnered much attention because of their top lists of influencers, exclusive interviews with prominent leaders and experts.
Let’s look at some Indian women leading this list.
1) Barkha Dutt: Indian journalist, and anchor of NDTV for 21 years, who recently quit the channel to explore her own venture, topped the list of Indian women and ranked at no. 33
2) Kiran Mazumdar Shaw: Chairman and managing director of Biocon Limited, and also a chairperson at IIM- Bangalore, was ranked at no. 41
3) Sagarika Ghose: She is an Indian journalist, author and currently consulting editor at The Times of India. Sagarika was also the Deputy Editor and a prime time anchor on the news network CNN-IBN, she was ranked at no. 44
4) Sushma Swaraj: Indian politician and Minister of External Affairs was ranked at no. 62
5) Smriti Irani: Indian television actress and producer, is currently the Minister of Textiles, was ranked at no. 68
6) Priti Gandhi: National executive member of BJP, was ranked at no. 92
7) Anupama Chopra: Indian author, film critic, journalist and director of the Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival, was ranked at no. 118
8) Aishwaryaa R Dhanush: She is an Indian film, director and the elder daughter of the actor Rajinikanth, was ranked at no. 133
9) Nisha Chittal: Head of audience growth at tasting tables, a firm feminist, and a journalist, was ranked at no. 179
10) Rashmi Sinha: She is business woman of Indian-American origin and a CEO at a technology company – SlideShare, she was ranked at no. 233
The list keeps updating every Wednesday. You can check the entire list here.